21- Day Harvest Fast (July 7, 2020 – July 27, 2020)
We are entering the Daniel Fast for two physical reasons: (1) as therapy when we are sick and need healing; and (2) as prevention to keep us from becoming sick or getting a disease. Clearly, this fast is called by God reminding us that He has given each of us a wonderful physical body that He calls, “the temple for the Holy Spirit,” (1Cor. 6:19). God’s desire is for us to enjoy good health.
The Daniel Fast withholds extra rich foods such as “finger food,” “party food,” “junk food” and deserts. We will agree to eat no fried foods as well as drinking only water, natural juiced and cleansing or medicinal teas. We will eat healthy food and smaller portions.
God has work for us to do in the vineyard and we must be in shape to work and enjoy what God has in store for us. A correct diet will make us healthy, because we are what we eat. If we continue to eat unhealthy food we will become sickly.
The purpose of this fast is to:
- Cleanse the digestive system
- Rest the body
- Renew the system
- Consume daily at least eight glasses of water. Drinking this water will flush toxins from your body, along with so many other benefits that water provides.
- We will not partake of any breakfast foods during this 21-day consecration.
- Lunch will consist of salad as much as you want without meat and the regular high-in-fat dressings. (i.e. use fat-free dressings).
- The evening meal should be salad along with vegetables. (e.g. string beans, mixed vegetables, slices of tomatoes, okra stewed, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Note: Do not heavily season these vegetables!
- A lunch bag of slices of fruit can be carried with you throughout the day to munch on periodically.
- No sweets, breads, juices, meats, or snacks of any kind will be consumed during this fast.
- When you sit down to eat, have the Word of God with you and feast on God’s Word at the same time.
- Do some kind of physical exercise during this time, such as walking, stretching, and bending, or other exercises to get your heart rate up.
- Make sure you get at least eight hours of sweet, peaceful sleep each night.
- Fast 3 days of TV each week.
Things to Expect
Since this is a strict FAST, expect your body to purge itself of sugar, salt, fats, caffeine, etc. Therefore, you may experience headaches or discomfort during the first day or so.
Persevere, pray, and deny the urge to cheat or quit. Feed the spirit man and deny the physical/carnal man. YOU CAN MAKE IT! But remember, the precise details of this fast are between you and God only. -I COR.7:3-5! Romans 14:1-4
*Anyone with a medical condition should receive medical advice or consult with your doctor before undertaking a fast.